Powered By Blogger

2017年1月1日星期日

宝贝的送旧迎新

原来,我的宝贝儿子也可以很长气一下的哦。他在 Instagram 送旧迎新的心情。。。哈哈哈! 展望未来,期待2017。加油!!!


To my family, friends and foes: (Long parapgraph incoming)

A year ago, I wondered upon the fate of 2016 as the last few seconds of 2015 ticked away. This year, was especially distinct to all the other years. Time continued to go on, and throughout the year, we witnessed the U.S election, many deaths of great celebrities and more horrific events. This morning, I woke up to see the sun dying the sky with a beautiful shade of red, yet that glimmer soon vanished within the dark clouds. What a metaphor to describe 2016 itself-it seemed hopeful, and then all hope disappeared.

Personally, though, I had picked up a thing or two along the way. This particular year, I made mistakes without me realizing it. Blinded and deaf, I continued to travel down my path taken until my friends decided to pull me back. It was then I realized my own mistakes. I had simply made several miscalculations on my chances. The moment I awoke, I regretted my choices. Yet, I decided to remember that event, as that was the time I understood the harsh reality of this world. At this point, I had lost my innocence-just like that child in Seamus Heaney's poem "Death of a Naturalist".

I am still unable to decipher the meaning of many things in this world. However, as I learn, I will lose my innocence and mature. This links to the gist of Heaney's "Death of a Naturalist"- the loss of childhood innocence.

Tonight, 2016 dies. And with it, the old me. I'll let go some of the events of my past-and start afresh. It isn't long before I face my secondary examinations. It's time to focus.

Enough said. In the last hours of 2016, I drink-to my family and friends. Let us move into 2017, hoping that it shines bright, connoting happiness and joy.

Happy new year to all.

没有评论:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...